Here are my 10 items for this round of Blogging By Mail. Jon came up with the New York theme. Thanks, Jonnazz!
My recipient is Antonia, who lives in London and whose blog is Food, Glorious Food.
1. Scratch ticket: Because somebody's got to win, right? But I reserve the right to claim half of any winnings.
2. Black & white cookie: Though not one of my favorite snacks, the black & white cookie is New York through and through.
3. Doughnut Plant T-shirt: I love Doughnut Plant. I don't mind spreading the love across the world.
4. C. Howard's violet candies: These guys are violet-flavored breath mints. Totally unique and native to New York.
5. Hem's Eveningland CD: I've gone on and on about Hem on this blog because I absolutely love this band. They're based in Brooklyn and make the most beautiful music. Buy this CD. Trust me...you'll love it!
6. Garlic-flavored bagel chips: It's garlic. It's bagels. What else can I say...other than Y-U-M?
7. New York Magazine: Jon and I always think it's fun to check out the local newspapers and magazines when we go someplace new. It really does give you a deeper look at a place.
8. New York City map: Maps are cool!
9. Zagat Survey: The 2009 edition just came out. Even if you're not necessarily a foodie or fancy-schmancy restaurant person, this is a funny--and punny--read. And it's so very New York.
10. Bagel: From our favorite neighborhood Deli, L&M. I think a bagel is the best food to symbolize New York. It was brought here by immigrants, has been adapted for all sorts of tastes, and is loved by all.