Makes 3 dozen cookies. (To see this recipe in process, check out Picturing Salty Fluffernutter Cookies.)
1 stick butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup frozen mini marshmallows|
1 cup finely ground saltines crackers
1 cup finely ground Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup peanut butter chips
3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
- In your Kitchen Aid or a large mixing bowl, cream together the creamables: the butter, dark brown sugar, and peanut butter.
- In a small bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Whisk together the wet ingredients and add to the creamables. Mix together until smooth.
- In another large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients. Using a spatula, fold together until evenly distributed. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the creamables and wet ingredients. Mix until evenly combined.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Shape dough into balls--about 2 tablespoons each.
- Place dough balls about 2 inches apart on Silpat- or parchment paper-lined cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle each dough ball with a pinch of sea salt.
- Bake at 350º for 10 minutes. (Be very careful not to overbake them.) If the cookies feel too underdone when you remove them from the oven, let them set on the cookie sheets for two to three additional minutes. Then place cookies on wire racks to cool.