Makes 4 dozen cookies. (To see this recipe in process, check out Picturing Seven Layer Cookies.)
1 stick butter
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons vanilla
|2 cups finely ground graham crackers
2 cups coconut
1 1/2 cups roughly chopped walnuts
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup butterscoth chips
1 cup peanut butter chips
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In your Kitchen Aid or a large mixing bowl, cream together the creamables.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients and then add to the creamables. Mix together until smooth.
- Add the combined wet ingredients to the creamables. Mix together until well incorporated.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients. Using a spatula, fold together until evenly distributed.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the combined creamables and wet ingredients. Mix until evenly combined.
- Shape dough into balls--about 2 tablespoons each.
- Place dough balls about 2 inches apart on Silpat- or parchment paper-lined cookie sheets. Flatten each dough ball a little with your hand or a spatula.
- Bake at 350º for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Remove the cookie sheets from the oven and let stand for 2 minutes. Then place cookies on wire racks to cool.